Parallel to an exhibition building from 1893 a new exhibition hall with restaurant and event hall has been organised.
The existing hall has been reduced on her original form and dimension. By the reorganisation of the area it becomes the central element of the Innsbruck fair.
A large and solid construction is laying on the new single-storey exhibition hall repeats the dimension of the old hall as a significant building end and takes over the functions of entrance hall and event hall [1500 people].
Its cantiliver of 25 m creates a signal effect and defines the generously roofed main entrance of the new fair.
A high-quality and translucent skin from perforated aluminum calms the general impression and revalues the surroundings. A generous glass front with roofed entrance opens the building to the new square.
Project Info :
Architects: ARGE CNBZ Architects
Location : Innsbruck, Austria
Area : 20715.0 sqm
Project Year : 2011
Cost : 28‘400.000 EUR
Photographs : Hanspeter Schiess
Physics Engineer : Spektrum, Dornbirn
Electrical Engineer : HG Engineering, Innsbruck
Architects in Charge : Andreas Cukrowicz, Stefan Abbrederis
Construction Engineer : M+G Ingenieure, Feldkirch HVAC IB Pratzner, Jenbach
Partner Architects : Cukrowicz Nachbaur Architects Zt Gmbh (Bechter Zaffignani, Thomas Marte)