Faculty of Arts & Humanities Master Bursaries at Durham University in UK, 2017
Awarded by: Durham university
Nationality: Home/EU applicants are eligible to apply for these bursaries. International students are eligible for faculty MA Bursaries, but applicants should note that the bursaries are only payable at the Home/EU rate and they may need to source further funding from elsewhere.
Fund: Fully Funded
Type: Postgraduate degree – Bursaries are available for pursuing Master degree programme.
Study Subject (s): Bursaries are awarded within the Faculty of Arts & Humanities.
- MA bursaries are tenable for 12 months (full-time) and cover full fees at the home/EU rate for taught or research MA programmes in the Faculty of Arts & Humanities.
Application Deadline: January 23, 2017.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a first-class or very good 2:1 undergraduate degree.
English language Requirements: The University accepts IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Cambridge Proficiency (CPE), Cambridge Advanced (CAE) and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic as preferred English Language proficiency tests. All qualifications must normally be taken within two years of the start of the academic programme (except where an extension applies, please see footnote below for details) to meet the academic requirements of the University.
a. IELTS: 6.5 (no component under 6.0)
b. TOEFL iBT (internet based test): 92 (no component under 23)
c. Cambridge Proficiency (CPE): Grade C
d. Cambridge Advanced (CAE): Grade A
e. Cambridge IGCSE First Language English at Grade C or above [not normally acceptable for students who require a Tier 4 student visa]
f. Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language at Grade B or above [not normally acceptable for students who require a Tier 4 student visa]
g. GCSE English Language at grade C or above
h. Pearson Test of English (overall score 62 (with no score less than 56 in each component))
University is looking for candidates with the following:
- a first-class or very good 2:1 undergraduate degree;
- outstanding research potential;
- a high-quality research/dissertation project;
- a firm intention to progress to doctoral study.
- To be eligible for a Faculty MA bursary, you must apply to commence an MA programme within one of the Faculty’s departments in the 2017–18 academic year.*Please note: that awards cannot be deferred and it is assumed that successful candidates will start in October 2017.
- ** International students are eligible for faculty MA Bursaries, but applicants should note that the bursaries are only payable at the Home/EU rate and they may need to source further funding from elsewhere.
The Durham University is pleased to offer up to ten bursaries to pursue a master degree within Faculty of Arts & Humanities. These bursaries are open to UK/EU applicants.
Durham University is distinctive – a residential Collegiate university with long traditions and modern values. They seek the highest distinction in research and scholarship and are committed to excellence in all aspects of education and transmission of knowledge.
The University accepts IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Cambridge Proficiency (CPE), Cambridge Advanced (CAE) and the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic as preferred English Language proficiency tests.
How to Apply:
To apply for a Faculty MA bursary, you will need to complete Durham University’s on-line application form and to state that you wish to be considered for the Faculty MA bursary when the form asks you to indicate how you intend to fund your studies. If you have already submitted an application, please contact your prospective department and inform them that you wish to be considered for a Faculty MA bursary. The deadline for receipt of applications from the department into the Faculty Office is 23 January 2017.
***Please note: check your departmental website as they will set an earlier internal deadline for the receipt of applications. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline of your chosen department.