2017 a/e ProNet David W. Lakamp AIA Scholarship
Awarded By: ProNet David W. Lakamp AIA Scholarship
- Fourth-year students in a NAAB-accredited degree program, or
- Fourth-year students of a four-year pre-professional degree program in architecture accepted for direct entry to a two-year NAAB accredited M.Arch/D.Arch program, or
- First-year students in a NAAB-accredited M.Arch/D.Arch degree program for students with undergraduate degrees in another discipline.
Application Deadline: 03/01/17
College Admission Requirement:
The following materials must be received via electronic form by March 1, 2017.
- Completed application including the 300-word case study essay and 200-word biography
- A transcript from each academic institution attended since high school; minimum cumulative GPA: 3.0
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the Scholarship Jury, one of which is from a department faculty member verifying applicant eligibility. Each recommendation should highlight three areas that articulate an applicant’s advantages or areas of excellence with practice and risk management
- A current resume.
This scholarship was initiated in 1990 by a/e ProNet, a group of insurance professionals providing risk management services to architects and engineers. In 1999, the scholarship was renamed for David W. Lakamp. Mr. Lakamp was a founder of a/e ProNet and a trusted advisor to the profession. He left behind a legacy of professionalism and integrity that set new standards in the ﬁeld of insurance services. In his honor two students who best demonstrate strong interest in practice and risk management will each receive a $5,000 award.
Awards and Selection:
Two $5,000 scholarships will be awarded toward the students’ university tuition and fees. The award check will be mailed directly to the university; it may not be deferred for use later or transferred to another individual.
The recipient will be selected by a sub-committee of AIA members serving on the Practice Management Knowledge Community Leadership Group and a representative from the a/e ProNet organization. Applications and supporting material become the property of the American Institute of Architects.
Applicants will be notified April 15, 2017. Results will be announced by June 25, 2017.
In order to receive the application link via email, please complete this Application form.