SketchUp is a very powerful tool for architects and designers, as it gives you a realistic view of the actual project you are creating. It turns the pencil drawing into a flexible 3D model which you can orbit in every angle and get a clear conception of the exterior and interior of the building. Here, we have gathered for you the most useful websites from around the internet that provide free access to SketchUp tutorials, textures, materials and compatible plugins to increase your productivity and save your time.
- Photoshop for architects: 10 Websites you should visit weekly
- Architectural Rendering software : Most Helpful 2D and 3D Web Resources
- BIM Architectural design software: 30 Websites you should visit weekly
Official SketchUp Sites
1. SketchUp Home – Trimble homepage
2. SketchUp – Download Free or Pro version and older versions
3. Old SketchUp Blog – Old archive for news
4. New SketchUp Blog – Official SketchUp Blog
5. SketchUp on Twitter – Tweet on Twitter
6. SketchUp Facebook Page – Exactly what it says
Tutorials and Resources
1. SketchUp ARTISTS: This website has many tutorials that provide you with post-processing skills, techniques and easy to follow step by step instructions provided by highly talented professional contributors.
2. SketchUp Texture Warehouse: Over 30,000 textures and 3D models.
3. 3D Warehouse – Free 3D Models
4. SketchUp Sage – Links to other great SketchUp resources
13. One Community: OneCommunity, an open source software website, has released a list of the most realistic plants optimized for SketchUp. The archive includes everything from palm trees to an array of water and bog plants, bamboo shoots, and tropical evergreen trees.
14. Smustard.com: This site provides SketchUp Users with the tools and plugins they need to increase productivity and facilitate workflow. They also have a forum where you can get your questions answered.
15. Designer Hacks: Library of tips, tricks, and tutorials on SketchUp. Tutorials are conveniently organized into three categories, beginners, intermediate and advanced.
16. Sketch This: SketchUp tutorials, articles, 3D printing, projects and tools for designers.
17. 3D Vinci: SketchUp books for design professionals with step-by-step, illustrated exercises.
18. CGarchitect: The most influential website and end-user community providing valuable resources and tutorials for architectural visualization artists.
19. RonenBekerman.com: It is a helpful source of learning on all aspects of 3d architectural visualization.
20. Twilight Render: Twilight Render is a plug that turns your SketchUp scenes into photo-realistic images, from materials to lighting, to environment post-production, animation, and batch rendering.
21. FORMFONTS: Share and download models from 3D visualization artists. 50,000+ 3D models & 2D models and textures that include furniture, people, plants, trees, cars, trucks, airplanes and more.
Forums and Communities
1. Official SketchUp Community – Trimble SketchUp folks
2. SketchUcation – Great resourceful SketchUp forum
3. Last Forum – a nostalgic look back in time, archive with original SketchUp content.
Forums and Communities Non – English
1. CGPinoy Network Philipines
2. SUVN.net Vietnam
3. Biblio3d.com France
4. Sketchando Spain
5. SketchUpBBS China
6. SKETCHUP ESPANOL Spain