Project architect | PTW Architects,Beijing, Shanghai, China
PTW Architects,Beijing, Shanghai, China
We accept candidates who want to find an internship or formal job in design/engineering firms in China..
- bachelor’s degree in architecture at an accredited university
- 6-15 years of architecture experience, mid-large commercial project experience preferred
- professional registration preferred
- ability to prioritise and concurrently service multiple projects
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- proficient in English, Mandarin skill is a plus
- effective problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with all clients and employees
- interacts well with other disciplines and clients in a manner that builds productive relationships
- proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp and Photoshop, Revit project experience required
- knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED accreditation a plus
- domestic and International travel required
16 November 2016
About the recruitment agency:
Archibucks is a professional design and engineering talents recruitment firm in China. We recruit designers including architects, landscape architects, urban planners/designers, interior architects and engineers including structural engineers, MEP engineers, building engineers for over 100 leading design and engineering firms in China. Our clients include SOM, AECOM, Arup, RTKL, Valode & PistreI, Chapmantaylor, China National Petroleum Corporation and other top leading international design and engineering firms. We accept candidates who want to find an internship or formal job in design/engineering firms in China. Our employers are mostly based in Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen.
About PTW Architects:
PTW Architects (formerly Peddle Thorp and Walker) was established in Sydney by James Peddle in 1889. Since mid of 1950’s, PTW has been responsible for more than 50 commercial office buildings in Sydney and more than 150 throughout Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia. PTW is also responsible for the bulk of the Harbour waterfront development opportunities in Sydney; most recently with Rogers Stirk Harbour on the Barangaroo project. PTW has become a highly diversified architectural practice with its Design leaders specialized in a broad range of sectors including residential/mixed use, infrastructure, aged care, the arts (education/culture) and sport. We draw on skills from across our seven regions in a collaborative process of both design and delivery.
Contributing to the firm’s projects is the ability to create buildings where commercial objectives are balanced with cultural and public uses, leading to the enhancement of the public realm and a city’s facilities. This can be seen in projects such as the Walsh Bay Redevelopment, Angel Place and City Recital Hall, the recently completed extension of the National Gallery of Australia, the Forum Development, and East Circular Quay.
PTW Architects has also made a point of developing techniques and relationships that allow the firm to create genuine partnerships with other architectural firms and specialist consultants, sharing specialised knowledge and awareness of local context and culture amongst a project’s designers.
PTW Architects seeks project architects with extensive concept design and project delivery experience to join its Shanghai and Beijing office, China. The position is focused on concept design and detail development of mid-to-large scale commercial projects.
- plans, coordinates and manages the project delivery process for mid-to-large scale projects
- represents the project or practice as the primary contact for clients interaction
- serves as the main contributor during client meetings and presentations
- facilitates in project scheduling
- produces technical and design studies and develops technical and design solutions
- develops and manages drawings including concept, detailing and quality control
- prepares design document with a sensitivity to design and ensure design and documentation are in accordance with project expectations
- produces graphic presentations and builds study models
- directs issue resolution and enhances project quality in reporting to internal and external audiences
- achieves project success as measured by client and team satisfaction while achieving financial goals
- contributes to business development by establishing confidence with clients, actively encourages and seeks opportunities for follow up business for each project and assists in the development and participates in interviews for potential projects
- develops additional service scope and proposals for projects
How to apply:
Submit the application package including a CV and portfolio, all in English to
Tele-interview: qualified applicants will be invited for a tele-interview arranged by Archibucks or employers.