This competition will challenge international participants to think beyond existing conventions and submit radical new proposals to plan, design and operate a future container port.
Overview of Challenge
* The Challenge will be open to all interested individuals, professionals, companies, tertiary institutions and research institutes of any nationality.
* Eligibility will not be limited to those in the maritime sector to encourage cross-sharing and adoption of ideas from other domains.
* Participation via consortiums or teams is preferred but not required.
* Interested parties may now indicate their interest on this challenge webpage to receive updates.
* Official registration begins 27 April 2012.
The competition will be judged by an international panel comprising representatives from the Singapore government and the maritime industry and academic institutions.
The winners of the competition will receive a US$1 million cash prize. Commendation prizes may also be awarded to deserving teams. Up to S$5 million in R&D grants will be considered for award to selected teams to pursue further research on their proposals.