Gates Cambridge Scholarship For Postgraduate International Students in UK, 2017
University: University of Cambridge
Nationality: Citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom can apply for these bill gates scholarships.
Type: Postgraduate degree
Study Subject (s): Gates Cambridge Scholarship is available to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree (PhD, MSc or MLitt or one-year postgraduate course) in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding. The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the most generous international scholarships available. It covers the following costs:
- Core components
- the University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£14,600 for 12 months at the 2016-17 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- inbound visa costs & associated NHS surcharge costs
- Discretionary componentsThe Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development funding – from £500 to £1,500, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2016-17 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD.
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Some fourth year funding for PhD Scholars may be provided**
Application Deadline: Round 1 (US citizens based in the USA) – 12 October 2016 and Round 2 (all other eligible candidates) – 7 December 2016.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Graduate Admissions Office or academic department may require some applicants to submit the following for admission to the University:
- English language test scores (if English is not your first language)
- A research proposal, an example of your written work, a GRE/GMAT score, etc. Not all applicants will be required to submit such documents
Scholarships are available for a postgraduate degree in any subject at Cambridge for applicants who are ordinarily resident outside the United Kingdom, Applicants can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if they are:
Details: Each year, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation funds Gates Cambridge Scholarship to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding.
The aim of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.
At Cambridge, Scholars pursue the full range of subjects available at the University and are spread through its departments and Colleges.
How to Apply:
Applicants apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and admission to their chosen postgraduate course at the University of Cambridge and a Cambridge College via the Graduate Admissions Office, using the Graduate Application Form and supporting documents. It is not possible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship without applying to the University of Cambridge. You must apply for admission as a postgraduate student at the University of Cambridge and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship at the same time, using the one application pack. To be considered for postgraduate admission and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship all applicants must submit the following documents to the Graduate Admissions Office by the relevant deadline:-
- Graduate Application Form (which includes a Gates Cambridge section)
- Academic transcripts
- 2 academic references
- 1 personal reference (for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship)
News Via khmer online.