French-speaking senior urban designer | OMA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
OMA’s Rotterdam office is looking for a French-speaking senior urban designer with conceptual design talent and extensive planning experience.
- master’s degree in urban planning and design/architecture
- eight+ years of proven experience in internationally renowned offices
- experience on large scale urban planning/ masterplanning projects including program and concept development
- track record of realised and/or published projects
- demonstrable ability and experience in design; from concept to detail, through to construction
- good knowledge of French urban regulations and operational procedures is mandatory
- excellent communication skills and an understanding of place-making in its planning and development context
- excellent design and technical skills
- strong project management experience
- bilingual proficiency in French is a must
- fluency in English is required
- strong AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino skills
- hands-on approach
- self-disciplined and confident in a complex international environment
- knowledge of OMA’s work is desirable but not mandatory
The ideal candidate has to have experience in building client relationships, leading and mentoring a team, and completing extremely high-quality work. At this position, you will be responsible for all conceptual, design and technical phases of projects (including playing a long-term advisory role for the client – ‘architecte-urbaniste coordinateur’). In addition to leading a design team, you will be responsible for collaborating with external consultants and/or any concerned parties, and preparing technical and financial proposals. The selected candidate will work directly with the Partner-in-charge and will manage all phases of the design.
How to apply:
To apply, visit www.oma.eu/jobs and use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume and portfolio as single PDF files.